How much CBD should I give my dog or cat? Here are guidelines by pet body weight (dosage applies to both dogs and cats):
- 10 lbs: 2mg (~1/4 of a dropper)
- 25 lbs: 5mg (~1/2 of a dropper)
- 50 lbs: 10mg (1 full dropper)
The rule of thumb is ~2mg per 10 lbs of body weight, We provide measurement markings on the dropper for ease of use.
Use within 12 months of opening. Discontinue use if any discomfort for your pet occurs.
What are the benefits of CBD for dogs and cats?
Pet owners have found that CBD may help to:
- Ease anxiety (calming)
- Reduce inflammation
- Soothe nausea
- Stimulate appetite
- Lower pain
- Control seizures
- Improve heart health
What are the benefits of wild salmon oil for dogs and cats?
Salmon oil, and wild Alaskan salmon oil in particular, enjoy a great deal of positive press for its quality and potential health benefits, including:
- Promote healthier skin and coat
- Boost immune system
- Improve brain health
Wild Salmon Oil, Cannabidiol Isolate, Non-GMO Vitamin E.
The Benefits of CBD for Dogs and Cats
As pet parents, we always want to ensure that our furry besties are comfortable and healthy. It hurts us to see them in pain or feeling anxious, especially as they get older. In the fast growing world of pet health supplements, CBD pet tinctures have sparked significant interest. In this blog post, we dive into the various benefits of CBD for dogs and cats, understand some lesser-known facts about how CBD helps pets…
CBD FOR DOGS AND CATS FAQ
Is CBD for pets the same as humans?
Many companies repackage their human CBD tinctures with a different label and sell it as pet CBD. Most of these tinctures use MCT oil as a base. This is technically fine as MCT oil can be healthy for cats and dogs, but there are 3 reasons we do not do this:
- MCT can cause diahrrea for your pet – you have to start with a really small amount and build up a tolerance, or it can result in gastrointestinal issues. This is true for humans as well, but even moreso for pets due to their low body weight (just a dropperful of a tincture for a human is typically totally fine)
- Wild Salmon Oil has more health benefits for your pets than MCT Oil
- Pets LOVE the taste of Wild Salmon Oil, making it very easy to administer it or add it to food!
Lastly, most CBD tinctures for humans are too strong for pets. So please take this into consideration before giving your pet some of your own CBD tincture – please get a separate bottle of cbd for cats!
What does CBD do for dogs and cats?
Studies suggest that CBD drops can provide an array of health effects for both dogs and cats, including:
- Pain Relief: CBD can help to manage pain in pets suffering from both chronic pain and temporary pain
- Inflammation Relief: CBD has anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing the symptoms of joint pain, gastrointestinal issues and more
- Reduce Separation Anxiety: Especially for dogs, separation anxiety can be. amajor issue because they are biologically rigged to be pack animals – when a member of the pack is missing, they assume they are hurt or dead – certainly sounds stressful to us! CBD can also help with anxiety related to thunderstorms, fireworks, or trips to the vet.
- Appetite Stimulation: For pets who experience loss of appetite or are picky eaters, CBD may help stimulate their appetite.
What is the best CBD oil for dogs and cats?
Research suggests that CBD is safe for dogs and cats in appropriate doses. The effects of CBD can vary based on factors like your pet’s size, health condition, and the product’s formulation.
Always choose CBD products specifically designed for pets, as they may have different formulations and concentrations compared to those for humans. Additionally, start with a low dose and closely monitor your pet for any adverse reactions. If you notice any negative effects or if your pet is on other medications, consult with a vet to ensure there are no potential interactions.
Can pet CBD oil help with a dog’s separation anxiety?
CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which plays a role in regulating mood, anxiety, and stress. There’s some evidence and anecdotal reports suggesting that CBD may help with managing separation anxiety in dogs. Always prioritize your pet’s well-being and consider a holistic approach to managing separation anxiety, which may include behavior training, environmental enrichment, and other interventions in addition to CBD.
The effectiveness of CBD can vary between individual dogs, and the appropriate dosage is important. Furthermore, the root cause of separation anxiety should be addressed, and CBD should be seen as a potential complementary tool rather than a standalone solution. Consult with your veterinarian to discuss your dog’s specific situation if you have any questions.