All Cannabis Tinctures
Tinctures provide the benefit of fast onset with zero sugar.
TribeTokes tinctures are boosted with rare cannabinoids for additional benefits, and are a refreshing lemon mint flavor.
CHOOSE FROM CBD, Delta 8, CBN or CBG
CBD Tincture | Full Spectrum, CBG-Boosted | 1,800 MG$50.00 – $130.00 — or subscribe and save 10% SHOP NOW
CBG Tincture | Full Spectrum, CBD + CBGa Boosted | 1,800 MG$50.00 – $130.00 — or subscribe and save 10% SHOP NOW
CBN Tincture For Sleep | Full Spectrum, CBD-Boosted | 1,800 MG$50.00 – $130.00 — or subscribe and save 10% SHOP NOW
Delta 8 THC Tincture | Full Spectrum, CBD-Boosted | 1,800 MG$50.00 – $130.00 — or subscribe and save 10% SHOP NOW
CREATE YOUR OWN BUNDLES & SAVE
You Pick 2: Tinctures | Choose from D8 THC, CBD, CBN or CBG | Save $10— or subscribe and save 10% SHOP NOW
You Pick 3: Tinctures | Choose from D8 THC, CBD, CBN or CBG | Save $20— or subscribe and save 10% SHOP NOW
What is a Cannabis Tincture?
A cannabis tincture is a liquid extract of the beneficial compounds of cannabis, mixed with a carrier oil or alcohol. This mixture can then be consumed by holding it under the tongue or in the cheek, where is will absorb into your bloodstream directly, or added to food and beverages. Tinctures are known for their versatility and ease of use, allowing for precise dosing and a discreet way to consume cannabis. The absorption rate under your tongue is also higher than through your digestive system, although you do swallow any oil leftover at the end so you do not waste any of the valuable tincture.
How To Use A Cannabis Tincture
Using a cannabis tincture is relatively simple. Remember, everyone’s body reacts differently as we all have our own unique endocannabinoid system, so it’s important to find the right amount and method that works best for you. Here’s a basic guide of how to use a cannabis tincture:
- Determine Dosage: Most tinctures come with a dropper with mL markings, making it easy to measure the desired dosage. Read the instructions for dosing guidelines. Start with a small amount, especially if you are new to cannabis or tinctures, and work your way up from there.
- Administer Sublingually: Place the desired amount under your tongue and/or in your cheek using the dropper. Hold the liquid under your tongue for about 30-60 seconds before swallowing. This allows the cannabinoids to be absorbed directly into the bloodstream through the sublingual glands, providing faster onset compared to swallowing.
- Add to Food or Drink of Choice: You can also add the tincture to your food or beverage, although it may take longer for the effects to kick in when ingested compared to holding the oil under your tongue.
- Wait for Effects: Cannabis tinctures typically have a quicker onset than edibles such as gummies or chocolate, although the exact timing can vary. Effects may be felt within 15 minutes to an hour after you take it.
- Adjust Dosage: It’s always a good idea to start with a low dose and gradually increase until you achieve the effects you desire. If needed, you can adjust your dosage based on your individual response. You may also build a tolerance to cannabinoids, so starting small and slowly taking higher doses over time is called “titrating”
How To Make A Cannabis Tincture
Making a cannabis tincture involves extracting cannabinoids from the plant material and infusing them into a solvent. This is NOT how we make tinctures at TribeTokes – ours involve high tech extraction equipment, homogenizing equipment, etc – but here’s a basic recipe for an alcohol-based cannabis tincture if you wanted to make one at home with your home grow!
- Ground cannabis flower (decarboxylated)
- High-proof alcohol
- Mason jar
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- Amber glass dropper bottles
- Preheat your oven to around 240°F (115°C).
- Spread the ground cannabis evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes to activate the cannabinoids through a process called decarboxylation.
- Combine Cannabis and Alcohol:
- Place the decarboxylated cannabis in a mason jar.
- Pour enough alcohol to cover the cannabis completely.
- Seal and Shake:
- Seal the jar tightly.
- Shake the jar vigorously to ensure even distribution of the cannabis in the alcohol.
- Steeping (Extraction):
- Store the sealed jar in a cool, dark place for a few weeks. Shake the jar once a day to enhance the extraction process.
- Strain the Mixture:
- After a few weeks, strain the mixture using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into another container. This separates the liquid (now infused with cannabinoids) from the plant material.
- Bottle the Tincture:
- Use a funnel to pour the strained liquid into amber glass dropper bottles. Amber glass helps protect the tincture from light, preserving its potency.
- Use a dropper to measure and administer the desired dosage.
Remember, the potency of the tincture depends on factors like the quality and potency of the cannabis used, as well as the duration of extraction. Exercise caution, start with a low dose, and adjust as needed based on your tolerance and desired effects.
Sign up for 15% off sitewide, cannabis news,
party invites and funny memes.
Don’t worry, we won’t over-email you